Thursday 16 January 2014

Palty Hair Dye


So... One of my big concerns with moving to Japan was how I was going to dye my hair!? (I know... Such a big problem). I have been dying my hair pretty much none stop since I was 10 so I didn't really feel like stopping now! Plus my hair is pretty long and I haaaaate regrowth! 

I was using Lush henna for a little while a kinder alternative (which is also available in Japan, although crazy expensive!) but the colour wasn't vibrant enough and I was all mismatched thanks to the mix of henna and old chemical dye!

I was fed up.

So I went to my local drug store and picked up a couple of boxes of Japanese home dye!

I read lots and lots of reviews on Japanese hair dyes before going into this. I also wasn't expecting much. I'd heard that it fades quickly and doesn't work well in western hair, not getting the right colour/ drying it out/etc. But I thought I'd give it a go!

Here is my review.

 

So I went for Palty and a foam dye because it's meant to be easy (which it was!) The shade was  きいちごジャム (raspberry jam) and looked super cute on the box.

In the box you get...

 
 
                                 A mixing cup.                                      Developer.


                                                     and a tube of colour.


                                        Also gloves, instructions and conditioner! 


Note that the instructions are all in Japanese. I found some English ones on the internet, but the pictures kind of give you the general idea! (I also bought two boxes because I have pretty long hair!)

(Basically throw it all in the cup, mix and when it's all mixed together in a foam slap it in your hair for a bit! haha)

The smell was okay and the process was pretty simple but the results were rubbish!!!! It barely changed my hair at all! and didn't make it anything like the colour on the box *la sigh*

Below are the results. In different light.






There was a slight colour change at the roots but it was barely noticeable.

So overall! It sucked haha. 

I will say that the conditioner was lovely!

(After all this I just gave in and went to a hair salon! It was suuuuper pricey but totally worth it. I'll blog about that later...)

No comments:

Post a Comment